For a few months I have been trying to teach Noah a tiny bit of sign language. I wasn't sure how it would work, so we try small things like "bye-bye" and "up." The one sign I worked hard on with him was "more."
Here is a short video of Noah showing me he wants more food at dinner when I first discovered he could do the sign himself. The sign for more is moving your hands in a slightly closed position together, as though you are gathering things. You will notice Noah isn't doing the sign with his hands, he's making my hands do the sign for him. Awesome!
It was only days later when I realized I don't think Noah was actually signing "more." I think he confused the sign with a desire for his "puffies." I realized in the future I need to associate signs with more situations. For example, not just asking Noah if he wants more when I'm offering puffies. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment