Noah is very interested in toys that make noise when you shake them. He doesn't have too many rattles or toys like this, and I had been thinking about trying to make some for him. I recently read in a book about ideas for using different items inside your shakers so the toys would have different sounds.
Yesterday Noah and I made a few of these shakers out of old baby food jars and various items inside: beads, cheerios, pasta, etc. He seems to like them quite a bit. I may have made too many, but luckily they are easy to put away. The cheerios seem to be his favorite. I wonder if it's because they look so tasty to him?**Warning:**If you decide to try this project, please use common sense about glass baby food jars. Noah busted one yesterday by throwing it onto a section of tile floor. (He's fine, no injuries.) We have now confined these shakers to the carpet and high supervision.
No comments:
Post a Comment