Monday, July 6, 2009

We Love Thursdays!

Thursday just might be our favorite day of the week! Each week we make a trip to the library to get Noah a new set of books to read every day. Noah recently got his own library card and he joined the library's summer reading program. This week he earned his first prize: a squishy baseball for listening to Mommy and Daddy read two hours worth of stories to him. You can see him holding his baseball in this picture as well as the stroller FULL of books.
After we go to the library we visit the local farmer's market. The vendors know us now and they love to chat with Noah. This is Jimmy, the citrus and avocado seller. He is now a friend and we look forward to seeing him each week. Noah is even starting to like eating the free samples of avocado!
After we get our oranges and avocados, we always stop by the fruit vendor's stall. He likes to give us free samples too. This week I handed Noah a whole strawberry thinking it would occupy him while I picked our fruits for the week. A moment later I looked at him and this is what I saw:
Noah had devoured the strawberry and managed to get juice all over himself, his clothes, his carrier, and me. :) I think it looks like he's in a strawberry food coma here. Can't wait until the next Thursday!

No comments: