Noah is getting so big! It's a little hard to believe he will be seven months old next weekend. But he has had some big growing up milestones over the past two weeks. Here you can see Noah sitting in a shopping cart for the first time during one of our many trips to Target. He really enjoys being able to see everything and everyone in the store, but see me as well.

He has also grown taller and now needs to wear bigger clothes. I swapped out his 3-6 month clothes for his 6-9 month clothes last week. It's so fun to have all new outfits in which to dress him! This outfit is the most adorable little green t-shirt with a monkey on it and matching blue jean overalls with a little monkey on them. They are definitely big biy pants though, no sign of elastic cuffs here! Supposedly he has some new outfits waiting for him at my mom's house too when we visit next week for Katie's wedding. Hooray for adorable clothes!

Another thing we have been trying for about a week now is having Noah eat his meals in his high chair. So far this plan is working really well, especially for me since I don't have to sit on the floor to feed him anymore. Love that! The only challenge is I have not put the tray on the chair, and I think since he is higher up, his throwing radius will be much wider. Therefore, I haven't tried having him feed himself very much.

I have offered Noah two things to feed himself in the high chair so far. This is a picture of Noah eating some crackers from his feeder. The feeder helps reduce my stress level quite a bit while still allowing him to try new foods he might choke on otherwise.

Here is Noah's most recent triumph. Yesterday I gave him a sippy cup for the first time and he knew exactly what to do with it! I was so surprised to hand it to him and see him put the spout right into his mouth. Now, in this picture, he does have the cup upside down, but that was on the third or fourth try. I don't think he was actually able to get any of the water out of thr cup yesterday. They are designed so liquid only comes out if sucked on (hooray no spills!) but I was confident Noah would figure out the cup pretty quickly.

Today Noah was successful with his cup! I bought some juice and a cup with a softer spout and Noah drank out of the cup all by himself. I was so excited to see him learn new things. The one thing that is a challenge for me is with each new behavior he learns, he is a little less of a baby and I feel a tiny bit sad for that loss. He is growing up to be such an amazing, wonderful little boy though, he makes growing up totally worth it!

Update: this is the cup he can actually drink from:

No comments:
Post a Comment